Tags : :

It's that time again, folks!  "Buyer beware!"

http://www.eliteauction.com/catalogues/011213/view.php?id=31

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Dec 12 12 11:03 PM

Me too, although I think this artist is a fan as opposed to the anonymous copier who did so many copies on canvas of the original Nagel images.  This painting is unusual to me because it seems to combine a couple of different Nagel works together. 

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Dec 18 12 10:12 AM

The fine print from the auction house's site:

Elite Decorative Arts has made every effort to catalogue and describe accurately property to be sold. The Company, however, assumes no risk, liability or responsibility for the identification or authenticity or authorship, or weight, count, or measure of any property identified in its catalogue or lists of sale. This shall include, among others, the identity of the creator, the period, culture, source of origin, as the case may be, with which the creation of any property is identified in any publication.

ALL PROPERTY IS SOLD "AS IS". THE CONSIGNOR MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO ANY PROPERTY OFFERED FOR SALE, SINCE THE AUCTIONEER IS ACTING SOLELY AS AN AUCTION BROKER, AND, UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED, DOES NOT OWN THE PROPERTY OFFERED FOR SALE. THEREFORE, THE AUCTIONEER MAKES NO WARRANTY OF TITLE, WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND OR NATURE WITH RESPECT TO THE PROPERTY.

In no event shall it be responsible for the correctness, nor deemed to have made any representation or warranty of description, genuineness, attribution, provenance or condition of the property and no statement by anyone or in the catalogue, in any advertisement, or which is made at the sale, in the bill of sale or invoice, or elsewhere, shall be deemed such a warranty or representation or an assumption of liability. Without in any way waiving the foregoing, any complaint regarding authenticity, genuineness, attribution or provenance shall be made within twenty-five (25) days of the day of sale or such complaint shall be waived. All bidders acknowledge their right to have made or requested full inspection of any and all properties prior to sale and agree to be charged with all matters such inspection may have disclosed or indicated. Inspection on the day of sale will be permitted only upon prearrangement with the COMPANY.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jan 10 13 5:46 PM

Kind of a sad development.   Mabel's Nagel was taken down less than two days before it would have been auctioned. 

At a starting bid of $1K, it already had 5 bidders on it.   That is, 5 VERY lucky bidders that didn't know that they were standing on the tracks and the train was coming!

Would have been interesting to see how high it would have gone.  grin

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#5 [url]

Jan 11 13 1:14 PM

Awww dang.  I guess I will just have to give spend that money elsewhere.  
Here are the two real Nagels that got borrowed from to make the abomination on the bottom.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Jan 13 13 8:44 PM

LOL!  yes, exactly! 

Nagel did some Frankenagels, too, but none so horrid.  :)

Frankenagel

-waywardtom

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help