Remove this ad

Lead

Aug 8 13 1:39 PM

Tags : :

.... and if you do, have you seen the "Nagel" image in the coffee shop which looks like a painting that appears to be "Striped  Pants" but instead of the stripes has a cheetah or leopard print on them ? I am unsure what it looks like in its entirety as they never seem to show the top of the image. Does anyone have a screen shot of the whole piece ? Is it a true Nagel or just a Tribute piece ? Any previous threads on this ? I just started seeing this as my girlfriend watches it at night once home from work. Thanks, Vette.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jan 27 15 2:10 PM

This is a follow up to my original posting. This "Nagel" which I now believe to be the Original Canvas Painting of the "Striped pants" poster released posthumously has been featured often lately, however has now been moved to Chelsea's studio at "Jibot" on the show. It is the "Verso" or reverse image, and is exact to the poster, minus the change of clothing. The Canvas has a dress with cheetah print and in the "SP" poster they cropped it into pants with the stripes. To my eye which is pretty well trained on Nagel after 25 years of collecting his works and reading/viewing almost all that there has been to see online, I truly believe this is a Canvas, albeit unsigned as many of them were. Anybody else here seeing this ? The last two weeks it has been featured prominently and I finally have gotten some really good looks at it. And I want it badly.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Jan 28 15 11:41 PM

the more i look at the pattern of stripes, Vette, the more i'd like to ask Patrick what motives guided his pencil for that pattern. i think of the renaissance masters of stone and marble. how Michelangelo (as i understand) studied the patterns of human musculature to make his carving more realistic. and in deed, through the narrowing of the black stripes, one can see the indentation on the lateral side of her right, upper leg which mimics a real feminine leg. the tilt of her waist is reflected in the tilt of the axis around which all the stripes consistently flow; which is true to the line of the spine from the neck down through her inner... the inner... umm.  and the bulge in the latteral upper, left leg, that too creates the illussion that the stripes are just the color of her skin. 

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help