#7 [url]

Apr 26 16 9:36 PM

NAGEL PAINTING STILL AVAILAE AT HERTAGE AUCTION

$87,500 including buyer's premium.....

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#9 [url]

Apr 27 16 12:30 PM

surprised that #71133 sold for what it did. the style, particularly that of the eyes, seems absent of Patrick's quality in proportion and relationship of form. my feeling is that this represents name brand of the artist, even if an other didn't sell or sold for less than would have been guessed.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Apr 27 16 3:38 PM

This message is addressed specifically to BRYN...what the fuck kind of a question is that????  Where I work is none of your fucking business!!!!!  Forget to take your paranoia meds today????

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

May 10 16 12:54 PM

After the day of the auction, Heritage Auctions offered the public an 8 day window to make an offer to buy this piece ... but looks like no one took the plunge. It's gone unsold.

I still love this piece ... and am surprised no one bought it. If I had $70,000 floating around my bank account I'm sure I would have snapped it up :-)

Unfortunately my means are far more modest than that. If anyone does buy it I would love to know who ends up with it, as I've mentioned already, I have the pencil drawing for this work.

My aspiration is to one day reunite the drawing with the canvas piece ... one day :-)

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

May 10 16 3:12 PM

It's odd, to say the least. Other canvases have sold for three times that amount.  In fact, at Clark's auction a few years ago, SwiimerGirl and I watched as an acetate -- not even a piece of art, just india ink on acetate used for one of the serigraph plates -- went for $10,000.  It was nuts.  Someone -- I heard a rumor that it's someone in Belgium -- is bidding up all the canvas stuff. No idea who or why. 

Rob Frankel
Author, "The Artist Who Loved Women" A biography of Patrick Nagel

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help