Remove this ad

Lead

Aug 1 16 9:48 AM

Tags : : , , , , ,

I am being forced to part with my Nagel's for a deeply discounted price.  Please email me at hdennis3912 at g mail to inquire.
This one is 

Artist: Patrick Nagel (1945-1984)
Black and White RobeRARE PRINTERS PROOF!
Serigraph on cotton rag paper, 1981

Hand numbered in pencil in lower left margin - Printers Proof - total edition size is 32.

(There is another version of this print titled, "Black Robe", which as the color blue incorporated. It has a total edition size of 110.)

An experiment between Mirage, Nagel and Wasserman. The same screens were used as those of the Black Robe to make a one color (black) serigraph. In fact, it's nearly a better print, very stark and dramatic. It also features an embossed key line around the image, almost emulating a plate-mark such as those found on earlier intaglio prints. The embossing gives the print an unusual dimensional look.

Publisher: Mirage Editions

Subject: A modern black and white depiction of a woman wearing a black robe, while standing half behind a black screen dressed in 1981 fashion.

Provenance: Client inherited work from fathers estate circa 1999. Piece was purchased from a Michigan based art gallery in the late 20th century for $6400, framed and matted.

Condition: The artwork is in excellent condition.  PRICE OF THIS PIECE HAS BEEN GREATLY REDUCED TO SELL QUICKLY.  
There are only 32 in this edition, is a Printers Proof, and very limited edition which all raise the value.  Frame included.

Shipping will be professional, and insured.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help