Remove this ad

#101 [url]

Aug 20 12 8:28 PM

This is incredible. Was there a movie title associated with this work? This looks like a poster print or is it a painting? Any more info?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#103 [url]

Aug 20 12 9:32 PM

I will have to get some more info on the image. I suspect that this is a print of the painting. 

As for the sketch, that's a nice one! Unusually dark too.  I have seen this painting.  I just can't remember where.

Quote    Reply   

#104 [url]

Sep 18 12 8:42 AM

I would like to thank everyone with this website and other collectors for sharing their knowledge. This is a unique and very professionally handled blog. Since I have joined, I have been able to establish the current valve of all of my Nagel pieces, find buyers for two of my originals, 3 bronzes and several serigraphs and most importantly become more informed on the history of my own collection.

I do plan to always have a Nagel somewhere in my home, it just feels natural after so many years. If anyone has a piece with a western theme, I am interested in buying or trading for it. I still have one bronze, 5 originals and many serigraphs to trade or sell that do not match my new West Texas home theme.

Thanks again,

Maverick

Quote    Reply   

#106 [url]

Sep 23 12 2:49 AM

Diversion; For those of you in the know I'm sure you have seen this. For those of you that haven't, here is an acrylic on board which you may not have seen. It was for sale a while ago and one i'm particularly fond of. Hope you all appreciate this and happy hunting for the Nagel works on your list...

Quote    Reply   

#107 [url]

Sep 23 12 12:34 PM

Long time no see daqcraig!

If you want the original, you best course of action is to contact Ken at Just Looking Gallery, 
as we know they sold the original at the Nagel retrospective.

At the very least, they could contact the collector they sold it to and find out of they would be willing to part with it, and at what price.

Great to see you here!  It has been a while.
Cheers,

NA

Anyone know whereabouts of Casa Lupita? 

-daqcraig

Quote    Reply   

#108 [url]

Sep 23 12 12:38 PM

mmmike,
Great diversion.

Of course I want the estate to release high quality reproductions because I am an addict, but I agree that this one and the one holding the gun (below) are great and unusal early works.   If I had a spare ten grand, would be on my shopping list.

Thanks for perking up this topic! 

Quote    Reply   

#109 [url]

Oct 3 12 9:15 AM

Good to be back....actually, I have been lurking and peeping in from time to time.  It was a loaded question.  I own the original Casa Lupita and also a AP of the same. 

The colors of the roses vary slightly....Cheers!

Quote    Reply   

#110 [url]

Oct 3 12 10:34 AM

Oh! So was that an invitation to search your house for it?   That would be fun!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

enzo

regular

#113 [url]

Oct 26 12 12:09 PM

So, for the extreme price of $5, I got these magazine pages on eBay.

Seems like a lot of work for a crappy article. Where are these originals??

Quote    Reply   

#114 [url]

Oct 26 12 12:39 PM

The trees behind the car should look familiar; they were used for "Collector's Gallery."

One thing you can do is buy the Playboys from 1974 to January 1985 and you will end up with every Nagel that appeared.

That tends to be more cost effective than buying pages.

I think I got my whole cache for maybe $70 total.

1974 has images in April, July, August, and full page Ballantine's ads in November.
1975 has images in January (mmmike's avatar), and then August through Dec.
Therafter there is an image in every issue, though the December 1976 stuff barely looks like Nagel and seems very cartoony to me.

Quote    Reply   

enzo

regular

#115 [url]

Oct 26 12 2:49 PM

I actually came across a large cache of old Playboys recently. Sadly, let's just say I am at the conservative end of the Nagel fan spectrum, so I'll leave the Playboy auditing to my Nagel friends :)

Quote    Reply   

#116 [url]

Oct 26 12 6:26 PM

enzo, nagel-angel is only acquiring the pb for the articles and the nagel,  images

i remember when my mother found my pbs under the bed, i said: "mom, i like nagel!"
for a moment, she had this scared look that came across her face. she was confused, either afraid to think i was gay or worried that i was not interested in the other images. my father said: "Make him smoke a whole pack. he'll quit." 

i love my NC6!!

Quote    Reply   

#118 [url]

Nov 4 12 9:12 PM

Diversion; For those of you in the know I'm sure you have seen this. For those of you that haven't, here is an acrylic on board which you may not have seen. It was for sale a while ago and one i'm particularly fond of. Hope you all appreciate this and happy hunting for the Nagel works on your list...[image]

-mmmike

this is the same style nagel woman from pat' early work Hollywood. but as Rio is to the joker, this nagel woman is to the bride of frankenstein

thank you for the post mmmike. i am particularly fond of Hollywood and Fire Alarm

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help