Remove this ad

enzo

regular

Lead

Aug 7 12 4:03 PM

Tags : :

What's up with this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/271031822994

Didn't know Man in Pink Tee was printed. Skilled fake? Litho? The facial lines seem exaggerated compared to the original. Also some clipping on the edges.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

enzo

regular

#2 [url]

Aug 7 12 7:24 PM

Ah, that explains it. Well, as Nagel Angel said, I hope Jennifer will arrange with the owner of Pink Tee to do a limited print run. Or is it still with the estate?

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Aug 8 12 6:52 AM

guest_guest is correct.

One of the early calendars had this as the December image.  I actually think the calendar probably reflects the way the work looked originally and it has had it colors fade a bit, though it also looked brighter in person than my less than ideal camera could capture.  The original was sold near or just after the Nagel retrospective at Just Looking Gallery to forum member "daqcraig" who also owns the original on board of "Seated Man," and we discussed the possibility also purchasing the original drawing, which I thought was an excellent idea, which JLG also had available for sale.

(I was tempted, but went with a larger drawing that Nagel had also made notes on, which I thought was cool. Is is the drawing for the painting I use as my avatar here.)

I do still hope, at some point, they might do more prints, preferably serigraphs with a run of 500 so the price can be kept down, since anything released posthumously is going to be loved more image value, than investment value, but the quality of the prints should still be kept high, and a series of men would be great, with the three men on canvas all being released (two of which nagelite owns), and the Man in Pink Tee.

I think so long as the estate has high quality photo records of the entire image, that is all the need to submit to a print maker to get them made into silk screen prints.

The images of men, with their absence of outdated fashion accessories (e.g. earrings, hair styles, or shoulder pads) would be ripe for reintroducing Nagel.

But the print market will have to improve and I suspect that too few of the prints, as wonderful as they were, from the Just Looking Gallery show, are still available for sale.

Quote    Reply   

enzo

regular

#4 [url]

Aug 9 12 1:07 AM

I agree that the male images would be an essential part of any new print run or CNv2 if you will. Actually, I was imagining more like a few serigraphs with runs of 100 each. Could even number them with faux-Nagel handwriting. Well, maybe some wouldn't like that, but I'd buy.

That's cool that you have the drawing of your avatar. I would love to own a drawing someday.

I had been wondering if a serigraph was produced from a photo. Is that the usual method?

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jan 2 13 3:48 PM

I own "Man in Pink Tee".   I have purchased pieces from Jennifer and this has never been discussed.

Interesting idea though.....Craig 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#7 [url]

Nov 16 14 1:06 PM

Man in Pink Tee

I own the original canvas.  It was in a tornado and needs cleaning.  He sustained wet fiberglass and some small bits of debris strewn across the canvas.  Can anyone recommend a conservationist for the job?  

Thanks

Craig

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Nov 19 14 12:21 AM

yes, i can recommend someone, sort of. he worked on two Cleo serigraphs for me. his work is excellent, but, i should say, a big BUT, he did not restore it according to how we agreed. he only restored parts of the image. for what i paid, he was to restore the complete images. there was not much damage, but some is still there and i am disapointed.

he is probably the foremost expert in restoration in his field, and he specializes in restoring Patrick Nagel's works.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Nov 26 14 3:51 PM

i will talk to them and let you know. otherwise i'd feel that i would be referring you to someone who although does technically excellent work, is dishonest in their business.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help